Sunday, February 10, 2008

Chez Mme Enthoven

Finally doing something I should have done when I first got here, and that is to take a few pictures of the apartment I'm staying in. After all, this is a good 60% of where I spend my time in Paris :D
(click to make them bigger)

My lovely room~

Le Salon (living room) and my favorite room...the fruit room

La Cuisine et la Salle de Bains

And one note before I got to bed. I had an amazing 5-course french dinner the other night. My friend Katie's ex-boyfriend's parents were in Paris and invited her to dinner and to bring a friend. We went to "La Cave de l'Os à Moelle," literally, the bone marrow cellar. First we had a fantastic glass of champagne over at its sister restaurant. Then dinner, you could choose each of your courses from about 2-5 options, which was nice being that most of it was meat. My first course was a cream of scallop soup, i want the recipe, so amazing. Then I had oysters...a new experience for me, well done I'm sure, but I've decided I'm not an oyster person. Third course was BRILLIANT. Red mullet with polenta and what seemed like truffle and little crisped pansies...or purple potatoes. I know polenta is only corn meal, but it was soooo good. Then we had the cheese course, seemed like a harder goat cheese, with a little arugula salad. Then dessert, baba au rhum....which was more like rum with a small side of cake. The whipped cream helped it go down...otherwise twas like sipping white rum. Minus that little bit, the meal and the delicious white wine (St. Joseph) was very impressive, and a nice experience since we've been studying the history of French meals like this in my Food Culture class. I can definitely see how the meal has evolved to this...or stayed the same...seems it hasnt really changed thaaat much since the middle ages.

No comments: