Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Trois Jours à Edinburgh


So May comes with absolutely no free time for updating nor for doing any other sort of activity other than a) studying b) writing c) being a tour guide and d) have anxiety attacks. oh, life is good, haha. I can't believe its already half way through may!!! I just turned in two papers. I've got two left to turn in and four exams and then I'm done! 5 months is almost up and I'm not ready to go home! I wish I could extend my plane ticket till the end of june, but alas my bank account nor my housing accomodations would never allow that.

Anyways, time to catch this up....spring break stop number 2: Edinburgh!

All my photos from spring break are now up on webshots: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563367237sDZLHM


Started with a 9 hour bus ride from London to Edinburgh because we forgot to buy a train ticket and last minute ones were uber expensive. En fait, the 9 hour bus ride was a much needed relief. After so much walking in London, we were all tired and had hurting feet. The countryside was beautiful and we all caught up on some reading or sleeping. In edinburgh we checked into the Castlerock Hostel which was perfect as far as hostels go. RIGHT next to the Edinburgh Castle, we had a gorrrrgeous view of the castle on top of an extinct volcano..that was something I didnt know before...don't know why I didnt hear that in february.
Anywho, our hostel had a huge common area with a pool table and a bunch of other big tables (in other words there was plenty of room for beer pong and the like, which apparently some americans had taught the staff the week before, lol, i'm surprised not sooner)
anyways, our rooms were really nice and there was a huge kitchen, so we prepared a delicious meal one night and saved some money.
We made black bean and sweet potato quesadillas, amazing. Adrienne's idea. I'm going out of order a good bit here, but I'll just say,in some order the three days went like this: lots of walking around the city, making friends at the hostel with some guys from GA and one from quebec, going to hear the GA guys' music at a bar nearby,national museum with the first cloned sheep, elephant café where JK Rowlings wrote Harry Potter, Haggis, Tatties, and Neeps,
competitive and realllly insane jenga game,
portuguese guy gives me napkin that says in portuguese "butterflies have wings, skies are blue" and then in english "i love you," holyrood palace, hiked arthur's seat on the most gorgeous day ever,
tea at the same place that i went with mom and cathy i believe when we were in scotland before...i'm positive this is the one...unless my photographic memory is failing me, shopping at H&M which will save my butt later in this trip, bought an italian language book, and various other bits of funness in one of my favorite cities ever.

No comments: