Monday, May 5, 2008

Les Vacances de Printemps

So our lovely two-week spring break ended this past weekend, and as reluctant as I was to come back to a month of solid work (oh...3 large papers and 3 exams in 4 weeks), i missed Paris and was glad to be back. Spring break also made me a bit home sick for all of you and for dancing. I'm thinking about finally trying out one of the dance classes here or at least going salsa/swing dancing with some friends. A two-week recap could take up a lot of time and I should be writing a paper now, so I'll tryto do this in mostly pictures:


Place #1: London
We did a lot of walking and site-seeing, a little tea-drinking which is my favorite part about the UK, and then crashed at Lindsay's friend Jocey's place...5 girls in one dorm room..it was impressive.

We walked through covent garden and saw a hilarious strings group that was selling cds like mad...basically forcing people to buy them, in a funny way. Went through Borough market, then through the tate museum which I loved. I'm a big fan of modern art and its ambiguity. Passed the globe theatre, wish we couldve seen something. Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Westminister Abbey, the whole bit. Overall, London's a nice city but I wouldnt want to live there. Plus, the tube is awwwful. Mind the Gap is not as enchanting as its made out to be.


Update later...

No comments: